Both renting and buying have many advantages as well as disadvantages to it. When it comes to the city of Charlotte NC, certain calculations have shown that buying a home makes more financial sense than renting. It is important noting that the calculation assumes a household income of $100,000, a mortgage interest rate of 4.5% and a down payment of 20%. However, besides the money factor, we believe there are some additional aspects you ought to factor in when pondering renting vs buying a place in Charlotte NC.
The benefits of renting
Before you call for your moving services North Carolina, you need to decide if renting is for you. There are several advantages we would like to point out. However, keep in mind that they do not apply to everyone and that the final choice will be solely up to you.
Our pick for the pro reasons for renting are as follows:
- The flexibility of living. Choosing to rent in Charlotte will allow you to move with as little as a 30-day notice. In addition, there is almost no red tape in the process. This gives you much freedom, and is, as such, a rather popular choice for people without families.
- There is virtually no commitment. Renting a place at a certain neighborhood allows you to test the atmosphere and the sheer feeling of the area. You can do this before buying, and thus avoid making a mistake while preparing for a long-term commitment.
- Renting comes with fewer responsibilities. When you rent, all the responsibilities for maintenance are on the landlord, and not you. This will make you feel much less pressure about your living situation.
The advantages of buying
Although buying a home is often considered to be a more advantageous decision than renting, don’t call your long distance movers Charlotte NC just yet. Each person has an individual situation, making the decision of renting vs buying a place in Charlotte NC not so black and white. Everyone who decides to buy a new home will get the taste of the following benefits. However, the real question to think of is whether they outweigh the ones of renting we previously mentioned. What you will experience upon purchasing a home is:
- Building up a significant amount of equity. Buying a home is like having your money where you can see it. Rather than simply disappearing month after month to no end, the payments on your home become equity. This is a degree of ownership in your home that can be used as collateral for other loans.
- Certain tax deductions. Yes, you will be responsible for property taxes after you buy a new home. However, with that said, you will also be eligible for a number of income tax deductions that would otherwise pass you if you were a renter.
- The complete and utter control. Owning a home means being the boss of every square foot. You have the complete control over your property and can do as you please with it. You can remodel or decorate as it pleases you, all without asking for anyone’s permission.
One more thing to consider when thinking about renting vs buying a place in Charlotte NC
After we’ve gone through these advantages, you may still be concerned or guided by the financial implications. In all fairness, the decision whether to rent or buy a home can purely be based on that, especially if you otherwise have no strong feelings about the previously stated. Whit this in mind, know that there are several factors that go into making such a choice. Two of the most prominent ones being the local market and the interest rate. The calculations tend to be rather complex. However, online calculators can prove to be quite helpful on the matter, and can really aid with the process. What is paramount that you take into consideration are the following factors:
- The buying price – logically, the most important factor is the price of the home itself. There is no way you can circumvent this aspect of the purchase, so make sure you are on board with the price tag.
- The length of your stay – if you plan on settling down, having a family and simply plan on sticking around for more than a decade, buying a home becomes a definite favorite and logical choice.
- The mortgage value – when it comes to the matters of calculating the financial impact, you need to factor in the interest rate, down payment, as well as the terms of the mortgage.
- Current market trends – this is also one of the more essential steps in your decision making. You ought to carefully calculate and compare home-price growth with rent-rate growth. This ought to give you a clear prediction of what’s to come, further easing your decision.
As you were able to see, when it comes to renting vs buying a place in Charlotte NC, there are many aspects you need to factor in before making the final choice. You need to ensure that your decision is based on facts and logical considerations, as well as your personal preferences. Never let your desires get in the way of responsibility and financial sense. This is best controlled by envisioning your life down the line of 5, 10, 15 years. By defining and clarifying your aspirations, goals, and desires, you will know what to strive for. Steer clear from others’ influence, and try to think clearly and objectively of the matter.