There comes a time when you need to move a washer & dryer. It is usually very hard and very troublesome to do. However, you need to move and it has to be done. It is never smart to leave something you might call a necessity behind. Thus, we have prepared a short guide to help you with your move. We sincerely hope that you will find the tips and tricks we will share with you useful and that it will help you with your move. So, without any further ado, let us begin!
How to move a washer & dryer easily?
You can’t move it easily, that is the catch.
However, you can move it easier! For example, you can:
- Clean it first. This is a really good idea. You need to clean it in order to have a perfect move. Why? Because there is a lot of things you do not want spilling around your house that can come out of your washer. Remove the hose and drain it and clean the entire thing. Then you can move it. The best idea is to get someone to help you because one person can hardly move it on their own. Two to three people should be enough, depending on the size.
- Let it dry. This is also very important. You cannot transport your washer while it is still leaking. It is not practical nor sanitary. Contact some movers in North Carolina if you are not sure about this part. They will provide tips and tricks about how to do it, or they can do it for you. What matters the most is that your washer is dry before you move it from your house.
- Storage. If you want to storage your washer you should do it in special wraps and with special equipment. Wrapping it up with plastic is a good idea and setting a wooden base is even better. This will ensure that your washer is fastened and ready for your move.
- Transport. When you move a washer & dryer, make sure that it is fastened in the moving truck. If it falls during transport it can break or it can break your other items. You do not want that, thus make sure that your washer is fastened 24/7 during your move.
If you need some equipment to move a washer & dryer, you can check online for some stuff. Amazon is a good place to start because we are certain you can find everything that you might need there. Moreover, you can learn a bit more beforehand and get precisely the right equipment for the job. Remember, you want your washer to arrive safely to your desired location. Make sure it happens.
Also, there are some pre-move cleaning tips and tricks you should check out. Some of them might help you out for your washer & dryer. Moreover, you might learn how to do the entire process on your own, without the help of your moving company. Of course, the moving company will do a better job than you can, but where is the fun in that? We are never too old to learn nor to young to try.
What to do when you try to move a washer & dryer?
The best thing to do is to get a moving dolly or a rig to move it easier. This way, you will not risk damaging it. However, you will still need some people around just to make sure that does not happen. Movers Greensboro NC are experienced with this sort of moving, you should give them a call just in case.
You can also do the following:
- Call friends for help. Chances are you know someone who has moved a washer & dryer before. Your friends and family can help you out with this problem. Give them a call and ask them a few questions. You will see if they know more about it. If they do, perfect! This way you will both save time and save space. There are some storage ideas for your spare room once you move out the washer, but do not get your hopes up – it will most likely be your bathroom.
- Be careful. There are some things that can go wrong. Some can affect your washer, others can affect you. Thus, always be careful. A washer is not small and it can fall on your fingers or toes and cause big damage. You should try to avoid this happening at all costs. Choose your positioning carefully and make sure that you are always up to the task at hand. Never get in harm’s way.
Some things to keep in mind
There are some things to keep in mind, however. You can always rely on a moving company to move your washer & dryer for you. This might actually be the best option even. Why? Because you can focus on other parts of your move while someone else is doing a big part of your move for you. Moreover, you can also take a break from all the packing and preparing and focus on some other things. There are a lot of things you can do to make this part of the move easier for you. The only thing you need to do is to call a moving company for help.
Another thing to keep in mind is that you need to make sure that your washer arrives safely to your new location. How to do that? Either use separate transport or fasten it really good in your moving truck. Either way works but only use separate transport if there is no other option. It is more expensive, but there won’t be any risk involved in your move.
Overall, when you need to move a washer & dryer, you should follow this short guide. We have provided both tips and tricks and the reasons behind them for this issue. In any case, we really hope that it helped you out at least in some way. Good luck with your move!