Getting ready to move in one month gives you enough time to take care of every task there is. However, that doesn’t mean that you can relax and postpone your chores. For this reason, we will provide you with a checklist that will guide you through the weeks prior to your moving day. It will help you stay on track, and not forget any of the important details.
Move in one month by starting your first week with:
- hiring movers Raleigh NC. The reason why this is the first thing on this list is the urgency of it. You don’t want to risk quality movers being booked at the time of your relocation. So, make sure to promptly give them a call.
- give written notice to your landlord.
- clean out your closets and purge your belongings. In order to save time, money and energy on packing and moving, simply reduce the number of items you plan on shipping. And what better way to do this than by getting rid of the redundancies?
- acquire boxes and packing materials. You can, of course, choose to buy them, but starting to collect them a bit earlier can save you the money.
During the second week, you should take care of:
- packing. Start with items you use most seldom, and continue from there as the week progresses. Old clothes, hobby items, and rarely used kitchen utensils should be the first things you pack.
- change your address with your all financial institutions. This includes credit card providers and insurance.
- stop buying groceries. Clean out the freezer and practice the craft of makeshift meals.
At the starting of week three:
- either cancel or forward your utilities such as gas, water, electricity, garbage, cable and internet, phone and cell phone. Do not forget to collect any refunds from prorated service or deposits.
- cancel or transfer your subscriptions of newspapers, magazines, and Netflix.
- if you plan on moving your plants, make sure to stop watering them now. You don’t want them extra heavy and dripping on moving day.
- continue packing by moving on to things such as cups, plates, towels, and so on. Just don’t pack all of it yet.
Finalize the move in one month with:
- packing an essentials box. It ought to hold everything you will need for the first night in your new home. Things like sheets, a few plates, cups and silverware, basic toiletries, and your phone charger should all have their rightful place in this box.
- clean the empty apartment thoroughly, or have professional cleaners do that for you.
- if you want your deposit back, make sure to leave a written copy of your forwarding address with your landlord.
- go through the place one last time with your landlord, and return the keys.
As you can see, even if you plan on moving to North Carolina from Los Angeles, you can move in one month. All it takes is good organization skills and some consistent work.