Whether you are moving locally or preparing for the long-distance move, garage is, somehow, the last place that people pack. Since garage is a dumping ground for the items we don’t want in the house, before packing and moving your garage items, you should declutter. However, if you are moving from California to North Carolina, you should definitely hire a professional mover to assist you with your move. But, today, we have prepared a small guide to make moving your garage a lot easier.
Moving Your Garage – Useful Tips
Packing takes the most time during the moving process. You will have to gather packing supplies, enough moving boxes, ask your friends for help and, if you don’t have enough time, hire a professional mover. A professional and reliable movers Greensboro NC will pack and relocate all of your belongings fast and safely.
However, you should know that every professional mover charges by weight! Therefore, you should declutter and get rid of unnecessary items from your garage before you start packing. Garages are usually full of tools, landscaping equipment, and items that we don’t want in our house. If you want to properly pack your garage for the move, you should follow these useful tips!
- Sort Everything and Have A Garage Sale
- Get Moving Boxes And Supplies
- What NOT To Pack For The Move
- Pack All Garage Items Properly
- Label Everything!
Sort Everything and Have A Garage Sale
The garage gets clean when you are about to move, finally! And of course, there is no need to move the items that you are not using and not planning to. Now is the perfect time to get rid of all unnecessary items and prepare for your long-distance move. All the items in good condition, you can donate or give away. But, if you have some time, organizing a garage sale is a great idea in order to get some cash.
First of all, separate items in two piles. One will be the pile of items that you want to take with you and the other one, of course, the pile of items that you want to sell, give away or donate. Put a price tag on each item that you want to sell. If you didn’t sell some items during the garage sale, such as clothes and household items, you should donate those to your favorite local charity.
Get Moving Boxes And Supplies
If you want to have a successful move, you should pair boxes and supplies with the right packing methods. Since most of the items in the garage are very heavy and oddly shaped, hiring a professional mover and getting their professional packing services is highly recommended.
However, if you want to do everything on your own, you should have the following items on hand:
- Get sturdy, cardboard, recyclable moving boxes of various sizes
- In order to protect your belongings, you should get eco-bubble wrapping products
- Packing Tape! You will need one roll of packing tape per 15-20 boxes! Secure tops and bottoms of the moving boxes so they wouldn’t open during the moving process.
- Get packing paper! Regular newspapers work fine but paper’s print can run and give you an extra task of cleaning when you arrive at your new destination.
- If you hire a professional mover, they will provide moving blankets for protecting your large items.
Moving Your Garage – What NOT To Pack For The Move
There are a lot of hazardous materials that we are keeping in our garage. And most of those items we won’t be able to move because of safety reasons. Therefore you should be sure to properly dispose of these items before moving. These items are:
- Propane Tanks
- Cleaning Supplies, etc.
Pack All Garage Items Properly
So, now, let’s see how to properly pack and prepare your garage items for your long-distance move!
- Smaller items such as wrenches and screwdrivers should be placed inside of a toolbox and closed securely.
- Use a few layers of eco-bubbles wrapping on items with sharp blades.
- Bundle up shovels and rakes and wrap them up with a large moving blanket.
- Pack power tools in the original containers.
- Stack chairs and disassemble the furniture if possible.
- Disassemble bikes or head to the local bike store and get an original bike box to pack your bike in.
Moving Your Garage – Label Everything!
As you know, boxes might shuffle during the move. If you don’t label each one of those properly, you will have difficulties to find what you need when the time for unpacking comes. Therefore, you should get permanent markers and labels! After sealing each box, you should label it with what contents are on the inside and write the location where the box is going (room). This will significantly speed up your unpacking process.
Hiring a professional mover is highly recommended whether you are moving locally or preparing for the long-distance move. Moving Kings NC is a trustworthy and reliable moving company with years of experience and excellent workers. Contact your professional mover today and schedule an appointment. You will save a lot of time and reduce the moving stress to the minimum. Every professional moving company has plenty of moving services. Some of those services are:
- Local and Long-distance Moving
- Residential and Commercial Moving
- Military Moving
- Packing and Storage Services
Moving your garage items will be a piece of cake if you hire a professional moving company. However, if you are planning to do everything on your own, you should gather moving boxes and packing materials on time and, of course, declutter before you decide to start packing! Have a good move!